SOUTHWESTERN VIRGINIA ACTIVIST CALENDAR Contacts
- Plenty! Floyd farm produces food to distribute for those in need. Go to www.plentylocal.org for more information.
- Roanoke Diversity Center Events Contact admin@RoanokeDiversityCenter.com for more information.
- Meditation at Lifestream Center-Mondays at 7 PM Roanoke-. $5 investment. firstname.lastname@example.org
- First Friday Anti-War Vigils organized and hosted by the Coalition for Justice in front of the Blacksburg Main Street Post Office. Contact MarkBarbour at email@example.com for more information.
- Roanoke Pride meeting. Roanoke Every second Wednesday at 7 PM in Community Room of Metropolitan Community Church, 806 Jamison Av., Roanoke. Go to www.roanokepride.org for more information.
- Earth Friendly Friday film and speakers by Sierra Club in Roanoke. Every second Friday; social hour is at 6:30 PM; film is at 7 PM; at Unitarian Universalist Church, 2015 Grandin Rd. For more information contact Dan Crawford at 540-343-5080. Also see below for more information.
- Sierra Club first Saturday Climate Change vigil at the Roanoke City Market Building. Contact Dan Crawford, 540-343-5080
- Dances of Universal Peace. Roanoke Every third Saturday at 7:30 PM at Uttara Yoga Studio, located at 1217 Maple Av., Roanoke. For more information, contact: Rachel Theo-Maurelli at 540-556-2233 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Jeff Tiebout at 540-239-2302.
- TED Talks-Every Wednesday at noon at 16 W. Marketplace, Roanoke. For more new location information, TedTalksRoanoke@hotmail.com.
- RADFORD ARSENAL Speak up for clean air in Radford. Stop the toxic burinings at the Radford Arsenal. Contact Devawn Oberlander at email@example.com Environmental Patriots of the New River Valley
- Preserve Roanoke, Floyd, Bent Mt., Franklin: Ongoing meetings and work with landowners to stop the Mt. Valley Pipeline’s plans to locate in our area; please look for face book pages including events on “Flatline the Pipeline” and other Preserve groups: Preserve the NRV
- KEEP THE Uranium BAN Danville Local Group: PRIDE a chapter of Blue Ridge Environmental Defense League. For more information call Karen Maute (434) 429-4667. Floyd County Local Group: Floyd UBan. Fredericksburg; Contact Graham Givens firstname.lastname@example.org Martinsville Local Group: For more information email email@example.com Pittsylvania County Local Group: League of Individuals for the Environment, LIFE For more information email: firstname.lastname@example.org Roanoke Local Group: Keep the Ban Roanoke.For more information, email@example.com Or Mother’s United Against Uranium Mining
- Stop the Violence click on https://www.facebook.com/groups/StopTheViolenceStarCity/
- Community Cultivators click on https://www.facebook.com/groups/855611734507729/
- 15 Now Roanoke – Raise the minimum wage. Contact Jason Lambert – 15nowRoanoke@gmail.com https://www.facebook.com/15NowRoanoke
- SCHOOL OF THE AMERICAS WATCH DEMONSTRATIONS The School of the Americas Watch demonstrations will occur from November 21 to 23 at Fort Benning, Georgia. Each year Plowshare Peace Center coordinates carpools from western Virginia. If you are driving or need a ride, please let us know, and we will try to match up people. Contact Herb Beskar at 540-989-6875 or firstname.lastname@example.org for this.
- Moms Demand Action – for gun safety. https://www.facebook.com/groups/457935640911118/